Here are reasons to turn on your favorite tune (like you needed an excuse)!
There’s now more reason than ever to turn up the radio! Studies have shown that there are significant health benefits to listening to music. Not only does your favorite song bring back memories from the summer of ’99 and make you smile, but a tune can simply improve your health.
Check out the top six health benefits that music can do:
- Brightens Your Mood – Research proves that when you listen to music you like, your brain releases dopamine, a “feel-good” neurotransmitter. Biologically, music causes listeners to feel emotions like happiness, excitement, and joy – death metal music excluded!
- Betters Your Workout – Fast or slow, music can make you run faster. In turn, this allows you to get the most out of your workout!
- Improves Your Health – Listening to music that you enjoy decreases levels of the stress hormone cortisol in your body, which counteracts the effects of the chronic stress. This is an important finding since stress causes 60 percent of all our illnesses and disease.
- Helps You Catch Better Zzzs – Listening to relaxing classical music for 45 minutes before turning in means that you can calm down, relax, and get a better night’s sleep.
- Eases Pain – As the legend Bob Marley once said, “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” It’s true! Music, in multiple studies, has reduced pain in therapy.
- Aids the Memory – Listening to or playing music in old age can help keep the brain healthy especially as it ages. Since listening to music is like exercising the brain, you can expect a sharper memory as you age!
What are you waiting for? Turn on your favorite tune and start reaping the benefits of music today! As you keep your body and mind in shape, we can help keep your finances healthy. Contact Abbate Insurance to get started on your insurance policies in New Haven, Connecticut today.
Leave A Comment