Mother’s Day is right around the corner (May 8th for those of you slackers)! Don’t forget to plan something a little extra special for the woman that brought you into this world. We searched the Internet to bring you a variety of events and activities for even the pickiest of mothers! No matter what you decide to do, all that matters is giving putting a smile on Mom’s face and showing how much you appreciate her!
- Mother’s Day Spoken Word Celebration – 175 Humphrey Street, New Haven, CT
What better than a “shower of verbal flowers” for a Mom that appreciates the art of poetry?! Come ready to celebrate all moms; the event includes food, drinks, and D.J.!
- Connecticut River Cruise & Charter – 80 Harbor Drive, Middletown, CT
For a Mom who likes to kick it back and relax, why not take her on a scenic cruise aboard a 33-foot vessel? The “Blantyre” offers harbor and island cruises along the CT River.
Ticket: Prices vary based on destination.
- Pottery Painting at The Clay Date – 1666 Litchfield Turnpike, Woodbridge, CT
Pick your favorite ceramic piece and bring it to life using specialty glazes. A day like this will surely be a memorable one for you and Mom!
Prices vary based on pieces.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Amarante’s Sea Cliff – 62 Cove Street, New Haven, CT
Did Mom pass her love for food onto you? Take her out to brunch at Amarante’s and enjoy a delicious meal that also comes with a view!
Adults: $39.95 Children (5-12): $19.95
- Mother’s Day Jazz Brunch at Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art – 600 Main Street, Hartford, CT
Folks who appreciate jazz and art are in for a treat with a performance by Deborah Wang Trio and a buffet brunch. Afterwards you can check out the gallery on your own. Ticket price include a complimentary mimosa or bloody mary!
- Paint Nite at Kirby’s Club Car – 233 Main Street, Stratford, CT
Get ready for an evening of creativity and unexpected surprise when you and Mom awaken the artist that’s always been inside you.
- Spa Day at The Spa at Norwich Inn – 607 West Thames Street, Norwich, CT
Relaxation will take on a whole new meaning with the amenities and services available at The Spa at Norwich Inn. It was named the best destination spa in New England by YANKEE Magazine and Best Day Spa by Connecticut Magazine. Definitely a must for all moms!
Prices vary based on services.
For more information on which Connecticut restaurants are having Mother’s Day specials, visit: CT Bites