Now that the fall weather is here, and even colder weather is just around the corner, it is important to make sure that your home is ready. Keep these simple tips in mind to prepare your home for winter.
- Clean out your rain gutters and downspouts. Chances are your rain gutters and down spouts have lots of fallen leaves and other debris in them. Make sure to clean them out so that rain and snow does not get backed up and cause damage to your walls and roof.
- Change the filters on your furnace. Make sure that your filters are new and clean before the cold weather sets in to ensure that your furnace works properly.
- Hire a professional to check your furnace. A professional will be able to do any routine maintenance and make sure that your furnace will operate efficiently and safely.
- Check your alarms. Make sure to check all of your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms to make sure that they are functioning properly. Replace any alarms that are malfunctioning or are outdated.
- Check your emergency kit. Restock/refresh your emergency kit to make sure that you are prepared for any weather related or other emergencies.
The new season is also the perfect time to review your homeowners insurance policy to ensure that your coverage is up-to-date with any renovations you have made, or with valuable items you may have acquired. Contact the insurance experts at Abbate Insurance in New Haven, Connecticut for all of your homeowners insurance needs.
Leave A Comment