Deterrents to prevent car theft.
Have you ever thought about how theft-proof your car is? You rely on it every day to get you to work, enjoy life and look after your family. It’s stressful, inconvenient, and expensive to be without it, so it pays to better protect it from theft. Although modern immobilizers and smart key technology in newer cars may be enough to make thieves think twice, it’s often not enough to stop them. Take a look at these easy daily habits that you can take to prevent car theft.
Prevent car theft at home:
- Increase your property’s security with motion sensor lights, alarms, and quality door locks. This reduces the risk of your home or garage being broken into.
- Store your car keys away from doors and windows.
- Always lock the doors, even when you’re inside or just outside in the yard.
- Take your house keys and garage remote out of the car. You don’t want to make it easy for thieves to get inside your home while the car is in the driveway.
- Trim trees and shrubs so that your car is more visible for inside the house. This also removes potential hiding places for thieves.
Prevent car theft while out and about:
- Before you leave your car, check that you’ve locked up and removed valuables from sight.
- Park in well-lit areas that are nearby cameras or security officers.
- Make your car look difficult to steal with anti-theft devices such as a steering wheel lock and tire lock.
- Remove personally identifiable information from your car unless absolutely necessary. If a thief steals your car and finds out your home address, guess where they’ll go next? Avoid making it easy for them.
Leave A Comment