The holiday season is meant to be filled with joy. However, with everything that goes on during this time, it can also increase many risks. Keep these holiday safety tips in mind to ensure that you don’t fall victim to any perils this season.
- Keep your porch secure – thieves have been known to follow delivery trucks and steal packages right off your front porch. Consider picking up your packages from the post office or install cameras and lights to keep your porch secure.
- Stay aware in parking lots – while you are inside the mall shopping, thieves are prowling through the parking lot looking for a car filled with valuables. Always lock your doors, park in well-lit areas, and don’t keep valuables in your vehicle.
- Travel safely – roads can get very busy during the holiday season. Leave a few minutes earlier than you usually would to ensure you don’t have to speed to get to your destination on time. Never get behind the wheel of your car if you have had even one drink.
- Keep your identity safe – the more you shop, the higher your risk of identity theft is. Check your credit report throughout the holiday season and look for any discrepancies. Use only one credit card to do all your shopping so that you can easily spot any issues with your statement.
- Avoid a house fire – the number of house fires spike dramatically during the holidays. Extinguish all candles before leaving a room and keep all electrical decorations away from any flammable items.
Having the right insurance policies in place can help to give you the peace of mind that you deserve this holiday season. Contact the independent insurance professionals at Abbate Insurance in New Haven, Connecticut to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.