Are you a good driver? You could be entitled to a discount!
Every motorist looks for ways to save on their auto insurance policy. Fortunately, everything from practicing safe driving to being a good student to driving an environmentally friendly car can land you with the discount that you’ve been waiting for.
If you consider yourself a good driver, you may be entitled to a discount on your policy for maintaining a good driving record. Check out how a motorist is eligible for this discount!
Before you call your auto insurer, know that eligibility for this discount relies more on more than stopping at all stop signs. The requirements for this discount is as follows:
- You must have been licensed to drive in the U.S. for the past three years. During those three years, you must not have:
- Received more than one point on your driving record
- Been at-fault (meaning at least 51 percent responsible) in an accident
- Gone to traffic school for more than once for a traffic violation
- Had any major violations on his/her driving record for the last 10 years.
All of these eligibility requirements seem pretty obvious; after all, we’re talking about the Good Driver Discount!
Motorcycles & Money – The policy states that you must have held a motorcycle driving license (not just a ‘regular’ license) for three years in order to receive the Good Driver Discount. Most insurance companies will not offer you the discount for your motorcycle, even if you’ve had your regular license for two years and 10 months.