With Halloween fast approaching, it is time to ensure that your jack o’ lantern is looking good and that you have the perfect costume for tricks or treats. It is also vital to make sure that you know how to stay safe while celebrating the holiday. Keep these simple Halloween safety tips in mind this year.
- When choosing the right costume for your child, try to choose a light colored costume. If your child insists on choosing a black cat costume, use reflective tape or stickers to make them more visible at night.
- Have your child carry a flashlight or a glow stick when they are trick or treating to assure passing drivers can see them and to help them see in the dark.
- Always cross the street in designated crosswalks and follow all traffic lights and laws. Teach your children to always look left, right, and left again before crossing the street.
- If you are allowing your older children to trick or treat with a group of friends, make sure to plan out a route before they head out, and have them stick to neighborhoods that they are familiar with. Also, make sure that you agree upon a time to be home.
- Always check all your children’s Halloween candy and throw away any pieces that look like they may have been tampered with.
- Do not allow small children to carve their own pumpkins. Instead, have them draw a face on the pumpkin and then carve it for them. You can also let them decorate the pumpkin with paint, glitter, or stickers.
- Place your jack o’ lantern on a sturdy surface away from any flammable materials, such as dry vegetation or flammable decorating fabrics.
Abbate Insurance wishes you and your family a fun and safe Halloween!
Leave A Comment