FLOODING IS ONE OF THE COSTLIEST NATURAL PERILS.
Despite popular belief, your homeowners’ insurance policy does not cover you from the damages of flooding. The only way to protect yourself from the peril of flooding is to have a flood insurance policy. At Abbate Insurance Associates, Inc. we strive to provide you with the peace of mind of knowing your home and possessions will be protected if there is a flood by offering flood insurance.
ESSENTIAL FACTS TO KNOW ABOUT FLOODING AND INSURANCE
- A homeowners policy DOES NOT cover the peril of flooding.
- Only a flood insurance policy can provide coverage for losses caused by a flood.
- A flood is defined by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as follows: “A flood is a general and temporary condition where two or more acres of normally dry land, or two or more properties, are inundated by water or mudflow.”¹
- As FEMA further states, “Many conditions can result in a flood: hurricanes, overtopped levees, outdated or clogged drainage systems and rapid accumulation of rainfall.”²
- As is apparent, it is not necessary for a property to be in a “flood zone,” or to be near a water source to experience a flood.
- It is also important to note that there is a 30-day waiting period from the date of purchase of a flood policy before coverage goes into effect. Thus, you must plan well in advance of any potential flooding to purchase this valuable insurance.
We work with you to ensure that you are properly covered for your flood risk exposures.
It is also important to note that there is a 30-day waiting period from the date of purchase of a flood policy before coverage goes into effect. Thus, you must plan well in advance of any potential flooding to purchase this valuable insurance.
WATCH OUR VIDEO
Click On The Logo Below For Flood Tools From Assurant & Abbate
Abbate & Assurant
Working To Protect You From Flood Losses
Complete Guide to Flood Safety and Preparedness.
1,2 Source: https://www.floodsmart.gov/
To Learn More, Visit: