Determine how to get full coverage on your auto insurance policy.
Conscientious drivers often look for “full coverage” car insurance policies. However, many don’t know what full coverage is or how to get it! Let us explain.
“Full coverage” isn’t a coverage in itself. It’s a phrase generally used to designate a number of coverages that provide a good amount of protection, for example, specifically liability, comprehensive, and collision coverages in an auto insurance coverage. While liability helps pay for damage you cause in an at-fault accident, while comprehensive and collision can help repair damage to your car, the package is pretty robust. However, it might provide all the protection that you need.
Many, if not all of the following coverages tend to fall outside of “full coverage”:
- Medical payments coverage – This coverage can help pay post-accident medical bills for you and your passengers, regardless of who is at fault. This is particularly helpful if you exceed your health insurance limits.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage – This coverage can pay for bills that the driver’s policy would have taken care of, but don’t because the driver has too little or no insurance.
- Roadside service – For example, roadside assistance, towing, labor, and delivery of gas! This can be extremely useful for when you’re stranded on the side of the road.
- Customized parts and equipment coverage – Perhaps you’re a driver that likes a custom sound system and chrome rims, this coverage can help you to repair or replace these additions after an accident.
- Rental car coverage – This will reimburse your rental car expenses after a covered accident.
- Gap coverage – If you’ve financed your car through a lease or a loan, this coverage helps you to pay off your auto loan if your car’s totaled when you still owe more than it is worth.
If you’re in the market for all-encompassing protection, consider all of your coverage options above and beyond what “full coverage” typically includes! Contact Abbate Insurance in New Haven, Connecticut for all of your auto insurance needs!