Preventive care benefits for adults!
You may have noticed the leaves falling from the trees, the days getting cooler and, that’s right, people applying for health insurance during the Fall Open Enrollment. Now is the season of health care plans. All Marketplace health plans and many other plans cover preventative services without charging you a copayment or coinsurance. This is true even if you haven’t met your yearly deductible.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm one-time screening for men of specified ages who have ever smoked
- Alcohol misuse screening and counseling
- Aspirin use to prevent cardiovascular disease for men and women of certain ages
- Blood pressure screening
- Cholesterol screening for adults of certain ages or at higher risk
- Colorectal cancer screening for adults over 50
- Depression screening
- Diabetes (Type 2) screening for adults with high blood pressure
- Diet counseling for adults at higher risk for chronic disease
- Hepatitis B screening for people at high risk, including people from countries with 2% or more Hepatitis B prevalence, and U.S.-born people not vaccinated as infants and with at least one parent born in a region with 8% or more Hepatitis B prevalence.
- Hepatitis C screening for adults at increased risk, and one time for everyone born 1945 – 1965
- HIV screening for everyone ages 15 to 65, and other ages at increased risk
- Immunization vaccines for adults — doses, recommended ages, and recommended populations vary.
- Lung cancer screening for adults 55 – 80 at high risk for lung cancer because they’re heavy smokers or have quit in the past 15 years
- Obesity screening and counseling
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention counseling for adults at higher risk
- Syphilis screening for adults at higher risk
- Tobacco Use screening for all adults and cessation interventions for tobacco users.
Learn more about preventive care from the CDC here!
With the right plan for preventive care, you’re able to go about life worry-free. Health insurance can be tricky to navigate. Getting covered is essential not only for your body, but for your wallet as well. If you don’t have health coverage, you may have to pay the penalty.