Try this delicious roasted balsamic veggie roll!
Since August is National Sandwich Month, we thought we’d do you the honor of releasing one of our top sandwich recipes. After all, what’s not to love about sandwiches? They’re perfect for lunches, dinners, snacks, and even breakfast (at a push!). If you’re in the mood for a delicious (and surprisingly healthy) ‘wich, read on!
- 2 buns
For the filling:
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 yellow carrot
- 1 orange carrot
- 1 potato
- 1 small parsnip
- 4 asparagus stalks
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon balsamic syrup
- Mustard (optional)
- Spinach, kale or argulua (optional)
- Julienne the root vegetables, put them on an oven tray and add all your favorite spices. Garlic, salt and pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, dried flakes of tomato, and paprika powder are all good choices. Sprinkle some extra virgin olive oil on the veggies. Roast at 435°F for about 20 minutes and then add the cooked chickpeas and asparagus stalks. Roast for 6 more minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the tahini sauce together.
- Add some leafy greens like spinach, kale, or arugula to the base of the bun, along with the tahini sauce, mustard, and any other toppings of your choice.